Connecting ACO drain to existing system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm a new member but have been reading a lot of the great advice on here. I'm struggling to find information to help me move forward with my project......

I'm totally redesigning our back garden and have taken down a concrete garage, lifted a large block paving driveway and removed large stainless steel trenches from around the full house. My plan was to lay a small path around the house and install ACO drainage channels next to the property but I've run into a bit of a problem. The old paving was at the same level as the DPC, that's why I think the previous owners installed the heavy duty steel trenches. I've now got down to the level of the drains but I don't know whether to remove the current gulleys and hoppers that are in situ. Could an expert please give me an opinion on the pictures attached?

The pipes going in to the gulley are:
small black with elbow - waste from washing machine/kitchen sink,
small black above gulley - waste from downstairs wc sink
large black - rainwater from gutter
large white - rainwater from conservatory gutter (it did go in to the old steel trench)

If I can keep them in place how do I connect the ACO drains to them?

I've found a few interesting things in the house from the previous occupants, they seemed to be keen DIYers - in the pic you can see a rodding eye that I discovered underneath the sand & stone base of the block paving!
IMG_20200526_115708.jpg
IMG_20200526_115516.jpg

I'm not an expert in these fields but have been furloughed from my job at least for the next 6 weeks so my wife is keen to keep me busy!! Any help is much appreciated and I'll gladly post more photos to assist!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back