Connecting an integrated oven and hob to a single oven point

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have recently replaced our double electric oven due to the existing one failing. This has now led us to want to replace the gas hob to match the oven.

The new hob is electric and im wondering if I can connect both the oven and hob to the same oven point which originally only powered the double oven.

New oven ratings below...
Supply connections: 20 A (double pole switched fused outlet with 3mm contact gap)
Max Rated Inputs: 4.12 kW
Mains supply lead: 3 x 2.5mm2 not supplied)

New hob ratings below....
Supply Connection: 30 A (double pole switched fused outlet with 3mm contact gap)
Max Rated Inputs: 6 kW
Mains Supply Lead: 3 core x 4 mm² (not supplied)

Looking at the fuse box it says 35 on the trip switch for the oven so im assuming a 35amp maximum load.

Would it be ok to wire both the above into the same circuit?

Thanks in advance.

Neil

Sponsored Links
Rough calculation your maximum load not allowing for discrimination is around 46A, add 13A if you have a socket on the cooker point.

With discrimination (you will not have every hotplate and oven turned onto max at the same time and they will not be drawing power all at the same time) you can reduce the maximum load that the wiring needs to be able to carry.

The hob should be wired in 6mm2 3 core, 4mm2 can carry the current (20A) for the oven but at 4.12kw rating I would not use 2.5mm2.

Have you asked in the Electrics UK forum (I am a little rusty with the regulations and cable sizing)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back