connecting bar shower help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys how do i connect this bar shower to the fixing kit that ive put on the wall ?....as you can see ive left a good length of pipe sticking out frpm the wall....do i simply just cut off the extra pipe flush with the threaded unit on the wall and simply screw on the bar shower to these exposed thread ?...i dont see any rubber seals with the kit, however my bar shower has two gauze type rubber seals that i kept when i removed the shower...ill use plenty of ptfe tape as well...see pics...bar shower is just resting on the pipes...lol, just thought id show you guys,,

IMAG0862.jpg

IMAG0861.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yea the pipes need cutting back

Ptfe is useless in this situation you need 2x 3/4 rubber or fibre washers if none were provided go to a plumbers merchant or DIY shed to pick some up

i did cut the pipes flush....used plenty of ptfr tape...tightened up the bar shower....and it started leaking....are you sure the pipes need to be cut flush...as i cant see how a seal will be formed onto the bar shower??????

What are the fittings on the wall likedo they not have a compression fitting inside?

Or are you just sliding the pipe through them?

Sponsored Links
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuLTG9oB1T8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This is the sort of fitting I normally use
yes its exactly like in this video...exactly the sample principle, however, i didnt leave 20-25mm pipe sticking out from the wall...and also probably leaked cos i dint have any washers in the bar shower when i screwed it onto the threaded bit....ill get some washers tommorow and will do it again..

i got it from here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220992666054?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
If you've not left enough pipe sticking out of the wall it'll never seal, you'll need to re-pipe it. Are you sure you assembled the kit correctly and tightened it up properly? Don't use any PTFE tape anywhere in this kit, it won't help it seal, it'll just look awful

ok took it all off and done it again..as before no leaks this time...fitted the 3/4 " filter washers...only thing i changed was the pipe, i previously used chrome plated 15mm copper pipe, seems like the olives wouldnt seal on it as it was smooth and shiney, olives proabably slipped back when tightening... changed to normal 15mm copper pipe...sealed fine no leaks...happy boy...lol.. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back