thermostatic bar shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys...need some advice again.....i bought this bar shower.....thinking it was a simple installation....just connect the hot and cold water pipes to this bar shower......question is how do i connect the 15mm copper pipes to it ? and how do you screw it to the wall in the shower enclosure, there doesnt seem to be any kind of fixing holes...dont tell me that i need some kind of fixing kit....please..see pic below

DSC01087.jpg

Sponsored Links
looks like a compression fitting me

or a tap connector

should not be too hard

take it to your local merchant and they will see you right they wiilll

:)

The hot and cold feed to it should be hidden behind the tiles, usually in a stud wall. For example your hot and cold would come up at 150mm apart to the required height. Then 15mm - 1/2 " female BSP backplate elbows fixed to the rear wall of the shower. Those threaded inserts go into the elbows and pop out of the studwall, tiles. Next the chrome rings and finally the bar shower via its compression fittings.

If you want to fit straight to the wall ask for a wall mounted exposed thermostatic shower. They have a backplate which screws to the tiles and the main valve sits on top. Then you can run your hot and cold pipes either up or down to it (in chrome)

You can use a surface mounted back plate like this: http://www.toolstation.com/?r=k&feature=27249
The water pipes connect via compression fittings to the rear. You then screw the plate to the wall tiles (use stainless steel screws) and the bar shower then simply screws on to the front. You don't use the round wall plates that come with your bar shower.

Sponsored Links
thats not a surface mounted backplate. Its fitted behind the tiles and used instead of backplate elbows

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back