Connecting bellbox to Galaxy G2-20

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, very new to this forum stuff!
I have a query that i hope someone could help me with...
I have a galaxy G2-20 alarm panel and i want to connect to it, a bellbox that i've bought, but i cannot for the life of me, figure out the connections!
The bellbox has ten connections;

10 - strobe
9 - strobe
8 - tamp
7 - tamp
6 - batt (-)
5 - batt (+)
4 - siren
3 - 0v
2 - +v
1 - siren hold off

I think i may have to program the panel's hold off supply differently for this bellbox but i'm really not sure!
If anyone can advise, i'd be very grateful... :confused:

Sponsored Links
OK - the first 4 are the important ones...

I'm not familier with the G2-20, so I will use generic terminology which hopefully will help...

1. Connect to a permanent negative (Ov) in your panel
2. Connect to a permanent positive (12v) in your panel
3. Link inside the bellbox to terminal 1
4. This is your negative trigger - sometimes named Bell -ve (or similar) in your panel

The only bit I can't figure out is how you get your negative tamper return to the panel. My guess is that you link terminal 1 or 3 to terminal 7 and then connect terminal 8 to your panel negative return terminal.

Maybe someone else can explain that one and confirm if the other connections are correct......

I believe this bellbox (it's a chubb delta 5 - forgot to state that in original posting) has a positive trigger as opposed to a negative trigger.
Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.
If anyone else has any input on this, i'd love to hear from you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back