Bellbox tamper return purpose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Probably a stupid question, but can can someone confirm that the bellbox temper return (C (TAMP) Texecomm Odyssey) is solely to advise the panel of the tamper circuit (lid) being opened/closed ?

Without this connected to the panel the bellbox alarm would still sound if the bellbox cover was removed even if the hold off voltages were still present, correct ?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Does this mean that you are not going to make this connection?

Sponsored Links
The bellbox will work fine with or without it connected, you will however get a bell tamper from the panel. why do you ask? do you only have a 4 core cable up to the bellbox?

It's 6 core just didn't connect it at the panel, there was a link in place between bell temper and 0v so left it as is.

bellboxes have their own tamper setup as well as a battery backup so they will go off if anyone tries to remove the cover or cut the power supplying it, however without the tamper return connected your panel will not know about it and will not alarm. You should try and connect the tamper return if you can.

I understand, thanks. Seems like a minor thing though and I'm happy the system will work fine as is.

"..... seems like a minor thing ....."

It's a security system, what's the point in doing what you have done and leaving a hole in the system. The tamper is part of the SYSTEM security, why compromise for just one connection? Who told you it is a 'minor thing'?

Why not disable the control panel anti-tamper switch, you won't have to enter a code when opening the box then, help stop your finger wearing out.

Where is your house? I could visit and burgle with ease now, all for a 'minor thing' not being completed.

Sheesh, DiYers (Destroy It Yourselfers)

You're so welcome, but tell me I'm wrong, after all over the years I've seen it all and what you are doing has been done before with a break-in at sometime or other and the DiYer doing his pieces because the alarm did not work.

Outside sounder disabled (NO NOISE), entry to premises then the alarm smashed up. Sounder working correctly might have stopped this, anti-tamper would have tripped the panel making that sound and any communication equipment (if fitted) to operate.

Still, do your own thing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back