Connecting Drayton rts 1 stat to glow worm betacom 30c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just bought a Drayton rts 1 stat for my glow worm betacom 30c boiler. Problem is, after following the instructions in the boiler manual I can't get the stat to work. Boiler manual States to cut the bridge wire at (x20) (230v connection) and add a connector block. The two wires now are point 49 and point 50. From here it states to run the live from point 50 to the live on the stat which is how far I've got but the stat doesn't work. Where on the boiler pub does the neutral go from the stat and the open/close port which are left unfilled.

Sponsored Links
50 in the boiler connects to the 'call for heat' connection in the thermostat, which is terminal 3 on the RTS1.
The thermostat also requires a permanent mains supply on the N and L terminals.

Thanks for your response. Having done this, I'm now getting a click from the stat but it doesn't seem to kick start the boiler. I've pulled all the operational pins around the dial to on position and have tried setting it to timed mode and permanent on mode and boiler still doesn't kick in. Any idea on this side of things?? Does the neutral connection have to be made on the boiler or on the fused switch connection off the boiler with the live?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back