connecting dvd recorder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi we have virgin media tv, i have just purchased a dvd recorder how do i connect to the system we have when the instructions say connect your ariel to the dvd, ther is no areil with virgin cable please help thanks

Sponsored Links
has it got scart sockets?

I use a DVD recorder with Virgin. It can only record whatever programme the Virgin decoder is tuned to, though its Scart.

So I have also attached an aerial lead to it so it can at least record 1/2/3/4/ off-air.

If I was buying another DVD recorder I would get one with its own Freeview tuner, then it could record any programme it could tune to instead of depending on the Virgin box. Panasonic make some good ones but they are not so cheap.

Now that I can get freeview there is not much point in paying for a Virgin decoder, but they throw it in free with my phone and broadband subscription.

I believe Virgin have their own combined decoder and recorder box that you can rent at extra cost.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back