Connecting gutter to waste pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I need to install a new gutter and replace its down pipe (circled in red in the attached photo).

However since I already have a waste pipe (circled in green), I wanted to know if I could simply decommission the down pipe and connect the new gutter to the 110mm grey waste pipe; I believe would just need to convert from 68mm to 110mm, depending on the gutter I purchase.

Gutter 1a.jpg

This is a very old house from 1870, there is no separate drains for rainwater, basically wastewater and rainwater all get collected at the same point at the bottom of the house. Hence from a legal perspective I think I should be ok, would you agree? Or is this a no no?

Attach below is a photo of the building opposite to mine, all of the gutters are connected to the waste pipe, as I am proposing:

gutter 2a.png

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
The setup in the pic of across the road looks a bit pointless as the vent tees off and goes higher but it’s going to vent into the gutter
So yeah you may get away with it but I doubt you’re meant to do it that way, might not be high enough above the windows

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back