soil pipe and rainwater downpipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having a conservatory built and this has meant moving my soil pipe across my back wall about 6ft, The builder has put up a brand new soil pipe and connected it into everything

so from ground level to gutter is now as follows :

soil pipe rises out of ground from drain up wall and branches off to toilet waste rises a little further then branches into bath waste pipe, a little further then branches into bathroom sink waste pipe then right up to the gutter and this is where im concerned - is connected directly to the gutter via a running outlet?

Is this allowed ? - I know that previously all these wastes and the rainwater down pipes all went down the same drain anyway so its doing the same job and looks much neater but thought i have seen on here somewhere that this is not allowed ?

any advice please

thanks Lee

Sponsored Links
the builder has dropped the rainwater directly into the s.v.p.? :eek:

i'v gotta' see a photo. :LOL:

apart from everything else, the the svp terminal needs to be 900mm up from the nearest openable window, if that window is within 1m.

ok here you go see this

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm147/skinacat/DSC00071.jpg

as you can see its connected directly into the top so whats the answer ?

dis-connect soil from the gutter, dog leg it up and around the gutter and up 900mm away from the window and put a cowl on the top. what do i do with the gutter ? can i bring a new pipe down and connect it back into the soil stack lower down ?

DSC00071.jpg

Brilliant :cool:

Just make sure that window is closed when the missus has one of her sunday morning stinkers from last nights vindaloo with the girls ;)

Sponsored Links
its bloody cold at the mo so dont worry the window is firmly closed :LOL:

on a serious note can the rain water downpipe be connected into the soil pipe lower down ? and the soil pipe could be extended the required distance away from the window

the r.w.p. should go into either a soakaway or the storm system.

not the sewer/foul water system.

previously this rainwater down pipe was located here and went straight down into a drain located directly below, the old soil pipe was on the other side of the window shown and went straight down into a drain located directly below that, the 2 drains as far as i could tell were connected anyway hence the rainwater and waste waters all went into the same drain ultimately anyway.

regardless of the rainwater's ultimate journey, that svp needs to be 900mm higher than it is presently. :LOL:

i know what your saying regarding the venting of the soil pipe

i was gonna extended the soil pipe above the roofline and put a cowl on the top so its 900mm away from the window - but then im left with the problem of the gutter. Can i bring it down the wall and connect it into the soil pipe somehow ?

you could branch off the horizontal drain pipe and fit a rainwater gulley to this pipe.

Hi all, just had a big consevatory built, the builders has moved the soil pipe so not to go through the conservatory, he has said the soil pipe doesnt need to go through the roof line as they can use a Durgo Valve ? is this true ?

Many Thanks

Hi all, just had a big consevatory built, the builders has moved the soil pipe so not to go through the conservatory, he has said the soil pipe doesnt need to go through the roof line as they can use a Durgo Valve ? is this true ?

Many Thanks

Yes. :D

Many Thanks

i do not subscribe to this at all.

if a property has an existing svp elsewhere then maybe. but if this is the sole svp to the property then i would vent it above the roof line.

i have seen (whiffed!) the evidence of using a durgo only system, and it wasn't pleasant.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back