Connecting hob, oven, microwave? Isolators etc.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is the after effect of this thread:

//www.diynot.com/forums/electrics/load-cable-to-cooker-plastered-in.371487/#2831403

I want the isolators for the hob and oven (which are physically separate and need separate supplies) to be wall mounted, on tiles.

The oven will be in an applicance housing unit. I'm expecting to place the isolator on the wall at the side of that unit, a couple of inches to the right. That's OK, yes?

The hob will be on a worktop, 150mm away from the short leg of an L shaped worktop. I'm expecting to place the isolation on the long wall and it'll be 750mm away from the hob. OK?

Wiring wise it makes sense to me that the appliance cable can be detatched. So Cooker Control Unit supply cable plastered in (actually tiled in), Load cable plastered in (at least where it's under tiles. Load cable connects to Cooker Outlet plate, Appliance connects to that. Is that the best way? And are there regs/best practice about placement of the Cooker Outlet plate.?

The manual for the built-in mircowave I've bought talks about fixed wiring as well as plugging it in. I'd like a similar arrangement for that if possible. Visible isolator, detachable appliance cable. By detachable I just mean not trapped by plaster/tiles. Would visible FCU going to hidden Flex Outlet be the way to do this?

Lots of questions I know. But I'd like to have an idea of a sound way of doing this before the new electrician arrives. I'll tell him what I want, as a user, and see what he suggests.

Sponsored Links
It all sounds fine.

Outlet plates behind the appliances, cables long enough to pull the appliances out to get to the connections.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back