Connecting hose pipe to standard kitchen sink tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've never needed a hose pipe until recently and so I was given an old one that one of my friends don't need anymore. It wasn't until then that I realised that I don't have one of those small (and thin) garden taps that I could hook the pipe up to.

Is there adaptors that I can buy that will allow me to attach standard 1/2" hose pipe to household size taps?

I've seen the following elsewhere on the web...

adaptorgk1.jpg

Described as "Garden hose adaptor with chain and additional washers it fits on to the tap". That's all the information available :(

Is this the kind of thing I need?

Sponsored Links
This should do it, available from most diy shops, although I'm not keen on them as you could have a unexpected indoor swimming pool ;)
h2274.jpg

This would be a better solution available from Screwfix
p1088635_l.jpg

the trouble with them kits is the initial tap that connects to the pipe. if it does not work first time you are stuffed, and if it cuts a hole where does the off cut go, and if the hole doesnt come off and hinges, water pressure may close it up, seen it all with washing machines

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back