How to connect tap to this pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know if this is the right place but seeing as it's near the garden I thought it best to post here.

Anyway, there is a pipe coming out of ground outside my house and I was told by one of the neighbours that the previous owners used to connect a garden hose to this and water the garden.

Could anyone tell from the uploaded images how I would attach a tap or whatever I need to get running water? There is no other outside tap in the property so I'm hoping this will be.

Attachments

• IMG-2808.JPG
    IMG-2808.JPG
    358.1 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG-2809.JPG
    IMG-2809.JPG
    256.8 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG-2810.JPG
    IMG-2810.JPG
    366.4 KB · Views: 151
Sponsored Links
Depends what is at the other end;)
The fitting its self is a standard bsp screwed thread, usually 1/2 inch so a normal garden tap will fit as a rough guide if your finger fits in it its 1/2" if your thumb fits it is 3/4" (as long as you have British standard fingers) don't get it stuck or slice it on the thread or you may end up on "You've been framed" :LOL:

You need to trace the supply end and see if it is connected, it might well have been cut off after a frost caused a leak on the pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back