Connecting onto a bar shower prob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought a bar thermostaic shower and the conncetions on the back have adaptors which screw in but the smaller side won't allow 15mm pipe to fit inside. how do you connect into it the adaptors? Is it with tap conncetors?

Any info gladly recieved.

Thanks in advance

Simon

Sponsored Links
The adaptors that come with the shower valve have 1/2" male threads. These screw into 1/2" female threads (get the picture ;) ) which then need to connect to 15mm copper tube, so the fittings you require are 1/2" female x 15mm.

Normally these would be buried in the wall and may be straight or bent (elbow), depending on the depth of buried supply pipe. If you want to surface mount the whole caboodle you can get the 1/2" x 15mm fitting with fixing lugs in chromium plate. There are also purpose designed adapters available form Screwfix or Toolstation. e.g.-

//www.diynot.com/shop/Bar_Mixer_Valve_Fixing_Kit/17371

Thanks chirs,

The adaptor that comes with it is 1/2 " male that connects into the back of the shower, the adaptor has bent section then goes smaller at the other end and which I thought 15mm pipe would go into but it doesn't fit. Do you always have to buy the fixing plate? Shouldn't it work some how with what it comes with?

Thanks

Simon

sbarb wrote
The adaptor that comes with it is 1/2 " male that connects into the back of the shower, the adaptor has bent section then goes smaller at the other end

Perhaps the smaller end is 15mm outside diameter, same as a 15mm copper pipe in which case they could be connected by soldered or compression coulper to the 15mm feed pipes.

Sponsored Links
If you two would just read what I've already posted you might make some progress. Do you want me to repeat it again or can you manage to go back and read it again? If you're just going to repeat your original question no matter how many times it's answered we might as well not bother.

Hi there,

Yes i think your right it is 15mm diameter but has a thread so can't soldier to it. That's why I thought a tap connector might do the trick?????

Chris,

I have read your post again, and do you mean that I need to buy 1/2" x 15mm compression fitting instead of the adaptor that comes with the shower?

Am I closer, sorry for asking so many questions....

Thanks for you advice

Cheers

simon

Simon, the connections on the bar shower are 3/4". The adaptors that come with it are 3/4" x 1/2". You need to adapt from 1/2" to 15mm. The fitting could be compression, but if it's buried in the wall it is better to use a soldered fitting that won't develop a leak.

Fixing these bar showers is quite difficult because they are designed to fit pipes set in the wall. You won't have these so either you have to set some pipes in the wall or go for a surface mounted arrangement.

You could try this thing from Toolstation -
27249.jpg

Hi chris,

Thanks for you help, does the screwfix fixing kit have a way to screw them onto the wall or is it a silicone seal to the tiling that holds it in place. As I see that the toolstation one has screw holes to mount it to the tiles/wall.

Thanks

Simon

Use a couple of these to surface mount the whole thing. You could use chromium plated copper tube to make it look OK.
26782.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back