Connecting PC to Television Monitor.

That should be decent, assuming your computer has the right slot.

It may be possible to use it along with your onboard graphics for a dual monitor setup - though I make no guarantees.

Sponsored Links
That should do you perfectly, means you can use a DVI - HDMI cable and you should get the best signal quality possible, as you ain't having to convert from analogue to digital and vice versa.

To be honest with you I'd disable the onboard graphics, you will no doubt see a slight speed increase too.

Let us know if you have any problems !!

Usually what happens is the onboard graphics card gets disabled when a pci,agp or pci-e card is installed.

Sponsored Links
What sort of things are you hoping to watch? HiDef material?

Yeah drummerbod, I am under the assumption that once upgrading the internal dvd drive to blu-ray i can watch movies in hi-def, is this not the case?

You'll need to make sure both graphics card and tv use HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection). It's an anti-piracy measure that works by encrypting the signal that travels along the wire. Typically the Blu-ray player software will downscale content to standard definition if it's not satisfied that HDCP is in operation.

A DVI output on a graphics card CAN have HDCP support, but it doesn't have to, so you should check.

<rant>It's been cracked, as would be expected. Now it inconveniences consumers, blocks fair use, creates barriers to entry to the HD software and hardware markets, and obstructs the use of open source software to play HD content. All in an effort to prevent piracy that was doomed from the start.</rant>

The X1300 is not man enough to decode the blu ray formats.

You would need an ATI 2xxx, 3xxx or 4xxx range.

An ATI 3450 like the one in link below will be fine. Just make sure your motherboard can take a PCIE card and you have 512MB of RAM for XP or 1GB for Vista and a dual core cpu and you shoul dbe fine.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/167131

or this one that comes with a HDMI adaptor...

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/141131

Back