Connecting Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just after a little help. I was supposed to have a plumber come around to plumb in a radiator today but did not turn up! I think I am going to have to do it myself now. I have put the radiator on the wall and the pipes are ready in the right location, just capped off.

I have been informed that I need a TRV with a lockshield on the other end with a drain off valve. I don't seem to find any in Screwfix or B&Q. Will a plumber's merchants be able to supply one?

Also, with a bi-directional valve, does it matter what end I mount the valves? Does the bleed valve need to go either of the trv or lockshield valve?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
I have been informed that I need a TRV with a lockshield on the other end with a drain off valve. I don't seem to find any in Screwfix or B&Q. Will a plumber's merchants be able to supply one?
screwfix do them or any merchants.
1682_686844i.jpg

Also, with a bi-directional valve, does it matter what end I mount the valves?

no
but i always try to keep all the rads the same way round ie trv on the flow etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back