Connecting [Ring Video Doorbell Wired] to [Friendland 454]

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, advice please, looking to connect a Ring Video doorbell WIRED to where my existing doorbell is, using same wires to power it.

The chime box has these connectors, do I need to connect the Ring jumper wire to 3 (top left) and 4 (bottom left)? The box is mains connected (not battery) to a transformer somewhere in the wall/loft/floor.

Sponsored Links
What are you trying to achieve. I can't remember what voltage and current a Ring requires, you might want to check that your existing bell supply is delivering the correct voltage and whether it is ac or dc.
Not all Ring bells will link to an existing doorbell and you don't have enough wires to do that anyway- you need the pair currently going to the bellpush to power the Ring so no way of making your chimes chime

Hi, not worried about losing the chime, I just need to power the 'Ring Wired' through existing doorbell cable. It comes with a jumper wire to fit into chime box (I'm guessing to complete the circuit and override the push button), in order that the power runs to the doorbell powering the Ring.

Sponsored Links
Far as i can see you've got 2 bits of 2 core bellwire coming in there. 2 choices-
1 google Friedland chime wiring diagram, work from there.
2 disconnect both bits of the bellwire from the chime, connect the bits of bellwire together (so you have 1 pair of wires from trx to Ring. No idea about polarity, check yr Ring manual

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back