Connecting to soil pipe without using a strap boss?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've given up trying to find a solution to get a 32mm sanicompact waste pipe outside so am going to commit to finding a route through the house to the 110mm soil pipe.

Problem is the only access point is a 60mm high vertical portion of pipe and only one side of the pipe is accessible (the branch for the toilet blocks one side and a floor joist the other). It would therefore be impossible to attach a strap boss without pretty much dismantling the house.

So my question is - can I get a decent seal from the 32mm pipe into the soil using something like this and solvent? Or some other solution that doesn't require access to the whole circumference of the pipe.

Importantly the only connection higher than this point in the house is for a bath&sink so no solid material could cause a blockage in what will be a non standard fitting.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
We have just purchased a property with a sanicompact and have read your previous post here with interest,ours was plumbed in like the sketch in your previous post,we had it altered to provide a direct independent 32mm drain to a soil pipe.This was recommended by old&Bold.

Please remember to install some kind of drain cleaning access and not to many bends,its not the nicest job cleaning them when the slushy poo is backed up .

Try to get some fall on the 32mm pipe although it's pumped having some gravity assistance help's,our internal original waste pipe was installed level but the installer forgot to check the floor level which was very much out and the slushy poo would not fully pump out.

Were getting rid of the sanicompact as part of a rebuild,just hope it keeps working

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back