Connecting to Stop Cock in lead incoming pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to replace the lead pipes on the house side of the of the Stop Cock. The Stop Cock is fitted into lead pipes both ends, I am trying to connect to the house side but the thread appears to be between 15mm/1/2" and 22mm/3/4" anyone any ideas as to what thread it would be????

Sponsored Links
The thread is an odd size and nothing will fit, other than the cap and lining thats attached to the lead.

you need to melt the lead off the pipe and join the copper to the brass cap and lining. :cool:

Thanks doitall I had a horrible feeling that would be the case. Ah well out comes the gas gun tomorrow. Cheers

Many of them had a tapered brass part which was held onto the valve and the other end of the brass part was soldered ( wiped joint ) onto the lead pipe.

I did manage to buy some replacement tapered parts which soldered onto copper pipe. But they were expensive and difficult to find and I have forgotten where it was I found them now!

Tony

Sponsored Links
The tail (lead end) should tap(gentle hammer) into the end of the copper and be soldered in the normal way if cleaned up.

Otherwise it should fit a socket.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back