Connection Current setting on Siemens hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone help with some advice on an induction hob:

According to the manual, before you use the hob for the first time you need to select the connection current and walks you through a step-by-step instruction of how to select the current you need.

My issue is knowing the correct connection current to select from the list in the manual:

20A
16A
13A
10A

The cooker circuit is on a 32A MCB and I've been told that the total load of the hob is 7.2kw, can anyone advise which is the correct current to select?

Many thanks

Howie

Sponsored Links
Tried that already and spoke to 3 people who either didn't understand or couldn't help. I even tried to speak to Siemens direct with no luck - so here I am.

I've taken a look at the listing you refer to and it doesn't indicate which current to choose, hence my post. I'd be grateful if one of the experts online who give me some advice.

Thanks

Your new hob at maximum output (7.5Kw) will draw a maximum of just under 32amps.

This doesn't taken into account any diversity (the hobs aren't normally used all at the same time apart from the "Christmas Day" scenario).

What cable feeds the current circuit on the 32 MCB?

Sponsored Links
The default setting is normally the maximum 20Amps -

If the hob is for normally family cooking then leave it at this level.

If you switch to the lower levels they will become the maximum power to the hob and things will take forever to cook.

Is 20A less than 32A if yes select 20A if no look at next on list.
Is 16A less than 32A if yes select 16A if no look at next on list.
And so on.
Now when I was at school 20 < 32 so selecting 20A seems to be right option.
However I failed my "A" level maths.

it points to setting it at 20A, has anyone come across this issue before on Siemens/Bosch/Neff hobs?

I have recommended them as a way around a lower than normal power supply. But to me the most important thing about a induction hob is the speed it reacts at. And to use that speed touch controls are in the main useless. So normally recommend Belling who still do a version with knobs on so one can quickly adjust heat.

For touch controls one must be able to switch off or down each heat area with a single touch. Unfortunately most need either multi-touch or the single touch option turns off all areas.

As a result Siemens/Bosch/Neff hobs are at bottom of the list.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back