Connector bolts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody point me in the direction of a supplier for brass connector bolts, similar to the type that you use to connect two kitchen cabinets together.
I need them to fasten on brass door handles as the screws for the backplate, are only going through the plywood face, due to the lock blocks being in the wrong position.
Hope that this makes sense.

Sponsored Links
I've not heard of brass cabinet connecter but others may know or help.

I have done this before by using brass bolt and the connecting nut or you could use a sleeve bolt

025896415.jpg
connector_nut.gif
0425556.jpg

Handles are held on with special M4 machine screws with flat round heads (a bit smaller diameter than the cabinet connectors which are M5 or M6), although the only ones I've ever seen are either steel BZP (bright zinc plated) or self-soloured (roughly brassy-ish). As these items are rerely seen I can't see there being much call for them. Truy an engineers suppliers for brass round-head machine screws, M4 x appropriate length (drawer thickness + 5 to 10mm)

Screit

S5030162-1.jpg

Thanks Masona and Srit, but this is what I really want, I should have explained more clearly.
These came with another set of handles for presumably situations that I am faced with at the moment.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks nstreet, these are the type that I want, but they to be brass to match with the handles.

I carry those Woodfit-type standard things on the van (about 1000 in the box). You can normally only get M5 (thought M4 was required) and they are only available in polished chrome or white nylon, even the cream nylon ones are no longer made. The smaller ones (these) are possibly M4, but the threads look to be too short. The heads are also enormous in comparison to a handle screw - very intrusive.

AP those items look to be manufacturers specials and don't resemble anything in my catalogues library - that includes Hafele, Hettich, Woodfit, Isaac Lord and quite a few trade-only suppliers. So I'm stumped.

Scrit

use normal screws behind the hinge plates and behind the edge of the shelves, that way you dont see any screws, looks neater than those connectors but only iff you havent got hundreds of holes in the cabinet in the first place.

Andy

Problem is Andy the he's not trying to connect two cabs together - he wants to screw some handles on the front. Or have I read that wrong?

Scrit

Almost right Scrit, I am fixing lever handles to mortice latches on either side of new doors.
The screws would normally grip in the locking block piece, but in this case all they are screwing into is the 6mm plywood facing.
My fault as I wanted to line latches on new doors with existing keepers on door casings.
Apologies for confusion.

can you not glue some timber shims on the inside of the ply lining to give you a screw fixing? (assuming you have room with the lock going in)

Scrit said:
Problem is Andy the he's not trying to connect two cabs together - he wants to screw some handles on the front. Or have I read that wrong?

Scrit

Sorry i didnt read the post properly.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back