Conservatory Air Vent, how to move it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Im building a conservatory, footings and brick work done up to floor level, (yet to in-fill with hard core) however I have 2 air vents which may or maynot require moving.

The 1st airvent is directly in line with the dwarf wall which I have built over, I did this because the property has an airvent just under the dpc every 6ft or so all the way around the property. I thought 1 less won't be that big a deal.

The 2nd air vent is smack bang in the middle of the conservatory base and I thought best to move it however having been to my local building supplies the young chap behind the counter was unable to advise.

? Question being how would you move or vent this air birck?

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers Steve

Sponsored Links
The standard wheeze is to extend vents to new ouside walls using 4" plastic soil pipe (use bends if needed). Bed it in the hardcore and concrete over.

Can I also clarify as the exsisting air brick sits just under the dpc (floor level) the 4" plastic soil pipes will be very close to the floor surface, how can I lower the pipes to allow a sufficient depth of concrete to be poured.

Thanks

Steve

Can I also clarify as the exsisting air brick sits just under the dpc (floor level) the 4" plastic soil pipes will be very close to the floor surface, how can I lower the pipes to allow a sufficient depth of concrete to be poured.

Thanks

Steve

:idea: Telescopic floor vents. :idea:

vent1.jpg

Sponsored Links
Ah I see, you remove the exsisting air vent and place it lower down the wall, an opposite to the illustration.

Seems obvious now. Thanks to you both

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back