Air Vent in Conservatory Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We recently had a conservatory built (4m x 3m) on to the back of our property with brick walls to the sides and two dwarf walls to the front. Since then we've had the the roof insulated and now we have UPVC tonge and groove style ceiling in place.

My Wife now wants me to put a vent out there so it doesn't get musty and I was thinking of putting an 100mm diameter air vent in one of the walls with an adjustabile ventilator grill so we can open and close it but I'm wondering if I reallly need one or not.

Of a day we can open the conservatory windows if required and during the night we could have the windows on the night vent lock position but she's not keen on that. We also have a dehumidifier if needed and I'm looking at purchasing an oil filled radiator for our new space.

Question is do I need a vent? Does anybody else have a vent in their conservatory?

Cheers

Ian

Sponsored Links
Do you not have trickle vents on the conservatory windows?

Sponsored Links
A room that is kept warm and has ventilation stops mould. If it was mine, I would just drill some holes through the pvc windows/frame and screw on the trickle vents over them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back