Conservatory base layer thickness

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Yet another question plz ;)

The base frame will be 4.7 meters by 3 meteres im trying my hardest to find the build order of this size slab can someone please assist to what size hardcore and cement and polysterene i need also do i need screed or just have thicker slab of concrete, the floor will be laminated in the end. There seems so many combinations i just want to do this correct:cool:

Thanks for you time

Lee

Sponsored Links
The floor make up needs to be determined based on site parameters e.g. external/internal levels, and the type of ground/soil parameters. There isn't really a standard result that you can apply to each and every situation without careful thought. Is this a DIY project?

Sorry should of said yeah its a DIY project its clay and dirt underneath been instructed on here to sort the foundations correctly out but im struggling with the slab now. so im thinking worst case so adding max hardcore etc without going to mad ;)

If i go down 5 course from DPC from house ive got 380mm to play with

Thanks

Sponsored Links
A typical (habitable) oversite detail would look like:

100mm compacted m.o.t. type 1 stone.

25 -50mm blinding sand also compacted.

1200g dpm membrane turned up into dpc.

125mm jablite (polystyrene) or 80mm Celotex/Kingspan.

Where applicable, another protective layer of polythene (not turned into dpc).

100mm concrete slab.

75mm screed to finish level with existing house screed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back