Conservatory Dwarf Wall not level

GT1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm currently having a conservatory built.When the frames were installed they had to use frame packers nearly all the way round presumably as the wall was not level.

Can anyone confirm that this is standard practice to get round this problem & what ,if any ,are the future problems that may be caused by this ?

The frames & cills etc have been installed level & on one side it it clear to see that the wall itself is not level- it is out by arround 40mm - and looks plain wrong from this side.The bloke installing the frames (and packers)said he'd 'seen worse' when asked about the gap between the wall & the frames.The builder responsible for the wall blamed the existing house wall.

Any advice would be much appreciated , Thanks

Sponsored Links
i have not seen a connie yet that was not raised upon plastic packers.

it is deliberately done so that they can squeeze sealant into the gap and deal with any deviations in the masonry.

Thanks for the reply.It's just that i was expecting the frames to rest directly on the wall rather than be supported on plastic packers nearly all the way around.

Any suggestions re tackling them about the poor appearance of the level frames running against the unlevel brickwork ? I'm worried about this being picked up by a surveyor in the future when selling the house & causing problems
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Is it possible to rectify this without dismantling everything?

Yes it is possible though it is very time consuming and takes much efforts, moreover only a perfect/professional can accomplish it....

I've checked all the way around - it's mostly out by 20mm rising to 30mm at aone corner.
Is this within acceptable limits ?
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back