conservatory dwarf wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can I ask a few questions..

DIY conservatory dwarf wall. Due to space restrictions between the attached house and a window (and it will be easier to diy with) I'm building up to 600mm a dwarf wall to sit a conservatory with foundation blocks sat down.. so 140mm high the way I'm using them, plus 10mm mortar, 4 layers

Would you still use a breathable membrane on the exterior of the blocks I cladding?
(Although I'm actually considering rendering straight on top of the blocks)

On the inside, I was thinking about foil backed plasterboard. Would it still need batterns or can I put plasterboard straight on to the blocks?
Foil backed as I'm conscious of the fact the blocks are usually areated (or should I use solid blocks) so don't want it to be too cold...
Or should I attach some foil backing to help with temperature. Or even say a battery 25mm deep with insulation between.... if I have enough space to work with.

Is there any other considerations such as breathable membranes or anything I need to consider?

Thanks all

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back