Conservatory Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a conservatory which varies from 'as hot as the sun' in summer to 'as cold as ice' in winter. I want a tikmber floor but having looked at all the DIY stores cant find one suitable for conservatories or large temperature variancies.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to proceed or a suitable product?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you thought about karndean?? The Van Gough range looks pukka and installed properly will withstand almost anything..

Karndean would be an option, but like any vinyl style product will be susceptable to discolouration/fading in the long term.

Another option would be to look at good quality laimnate floors such as Pergo, they have just launched all new ranges, the advantage is that it's guaranteed not to fade, it will also be more stable than a engineered wood floor.

Another option would be to look at good quality laimnate floors such as Pergo, they have just launched all new ranges, the advantage is that it's guaranteed not to fade, it will also be more stable than a engineered wood floor.
Hmm, all the quality wood-engineered floors we installed so far in conservatories haven't moved an inch! (installations go 8 years back now)

Sponsored Links
Hmm, all the quality wood-engineered floors we installed so far in conservatories haven't moved an inch! (installations go 8 years back now)

But they have faded though ?

'nowt wrong with a good quality engineered installed right, the potential for movement is greater compared to high end laminate though, especially if the conservatory is open plan into the building itself?

Amazing the number of customers that do not consider fading, dents and scratching when buying real wood, there are quality alternatives out there, there is a product choice for all situations of course, sometimes I feel people can be quick to dismiss quality laminate when it's often more suited for a busy household and low maintenance.

Not that much fading to be honest, especially not when oiled natural.

As for dismissing laminate, most - if not all - our clients tell us that laminate looks not real wood (and they say the same about Prime Oak ;)), too smooth and too plasticky. And who are we to argue ;)

Check out the new ranges of Pergo Expression Natural Oak Plank, things just got interesting ;)

At the end of the day, wood is wood, a picture is a picture, both products have their benefits and disadvantages, the most important thing is that the floor meets the customers expectations and is sold correctly in the first place.

If a customer comes to me unhappy with the performance of their installation, then I hav'nt done my job properly, If we sell the product that meets their needs, we don't get a come back :)

I think a good option would be electric underfloor heating and natural stone, something like travertine which will fade very little and has come right down in price recently.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back