conservatory heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there i need a new electric heater in the conservatory as the other ones packed up and i want one high on the wall so our 3 year old twins wont mess with it . We do have a radiator in there but its just to take the chill off first thing,i was thinking a over the door heater could do something like a dimplex ac45n ,would this be any good :eek: and could this be run from a socket i.e 13 amp

Sponsored Links
That heater is a 4.5kW door curtain. It most certainly will NOT connect via a 13A plug, and it is not suitable as a room heater either.

What size is the conservatory, and what are the walls/ceilings constructed from? (as in glass, plastic, single glazed, double glazed etc) ?

hi the conservatory is 4 by 3 metres and im just after a wall mounted heater and i think fitting a heat source pump is a bit over the top as the radiator fitted does the job fine ,its just to take the chill of first thing

Sponsored Links
A low level heater obviously works ok, so how about an oil-filled heater on the wall or floor, with a switch and/or timer up at high level so it can't be fiddled with by short people. Wire the flex into a blank flex-outlet at low level. You could set the temperature and then remove the dial or screw a protective plate or cage over it.

Or how about a 2kW wall mounted fan heater?

hi the conservatory is 4 by 3 metres and im just after a wall mounted heater and i think fitting a heat source pump is a bit over the top as the radiator fitted does the job fine ,its just to take the chill of first thing

Klimatic_18k_Btu_Air_Conditioner.jpg

Air source heat pump, better known as an air conditioner.
(Other MUCH better brands are available, photo for ilustration purposes only.)

This will also cool the conservatory in the summer. ;)

We have them in our shop, cooling and heating, they are 400% efficient.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back