Conservatory leaking from window pillar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small pool of water on the window ledge in my conservatory. It appears to be coming from the joint at the bottom of plastic piece between the windows. Further along the window ledge at the corner the MDF (?) window ledge is swelling and the paint is bubbling due to water ingress (?) but no pooling water on the surface. Any ideas anyone? Thanks in anticipation

Sponsored Links
The only other thing i can think of is if the widows were fitted so that some of the external masonry was showing on the inside and that damp is wicking through or you have a cold bridge via the external bricks touching the window board.

This often happens with connies where the window measurements don't quite tally up with the dwarf walls and the fitters have to compromise whereby the window does not sit far enough back towards the cavity.

It is an odd place though because the window sill usually offers protection to the masonry immediately below.

Have you tried a garden hose test against the window?

Sponsored Links
Haven't tried garden hose yet but will do, thanks - been too cold to go outside!!

The drip of water is coming from the bottom of the left hand V shape where it meets the plastic horizontal piece. Will the plastic strip between windows 'snap off' so I can maybe see where the water's coming in?

Thanks

It usually leaks from the gutter and down the middle of the mullion. Did it do it before the snow?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back