Conservatory modifications

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Thanks for reading,

I currently have a 5mtr x 3mtr conservatory with a plastic roof. In winter it is freezing and summer its too hot. I've decided that instead of replacing the roof I'm going to install a suspended ceiling which will be about 7' high. I will then insulate the void between the ceiling and roof and this should make a huge difference for temperature control.

One side of the conservatory has frosted windows, I'm thinking about fastening sheets of timber on the inside of these and then fastening in timbers to allow insulation to sit in and plaster boarding out to bring it flush with the foundation wall that supports the window frames. This would give the effect of a solid wall from the internal view.

Is this possible to do or does anyone have any other ideas how I can get rid the one side of windows without actually removing windows.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Ive not thought about that. What can be done to vent it??

I could have a hatch installed and then open it once per week to allow the area o breath??

Have you got any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Thanks for this although this looks like you need to remove the roof to install it. Is there any other options that dont involve removing the roof??

Just been googling ventilation on conservatories and I think that by the look of the roof of mine it has ventilation already???

Can anyone confirm this for me please????

Thanks

Can you see any vents outlet via the ridge at the top?

I suppose you could try using a smoke matches or pellets to test the vent area

A bit difficult to see but a smoke test will confirm or find out whoever fitted your conservatory for more information

Hi,

Thanks for this, I have ordered some smoking matches and will post up what i find.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back