conservatory on our extended house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, im after some advice/clarification regarding putting up a conservatory. We have already extended our house (double rear extension) full width of the house (along with our neighbours, we are semi D's)

The question is will we need PP for a conservatory off the back of the extension? The way i read it is you can only add a conservatory up to 3m of the original rear wall as a permitted building. Our extension is allready 4m from the original back of the house.

If anyone could clarify that would be great.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
The question is will we need PP for a conservatory off the back of the extension? The way i read it is you can only add a conservatory up to 3m of the original rear wall as a permitted building. Our extension is allready 4m from the original back of the house.

By the sounds of it your extension has already used up your Permitted Development rights allowance, ergo, your new conservatory would probably need PP.

Since the original post I have contacted a local conservatory firm who think we will have trouble getting one accepted due to the size of our existing extension (39 sq m footprint) does this make sense? Is there a limit on how much you can extend a house? We certainly wont have used more than 50% of the land around the house even with a conservatory... !

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Limitations are specified if going down the PD route but as you'd be applying for PP, then the only limitation would be the LPA refusing the proposal due to the size being overdeveloped. Seeking pre-application advice may provide you with some guidance. But proposals are dealt with on a case by case basis, regardless of the LPA.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back