Conservatory painting / work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to paint the wooden sill and brick work shown in the pictures in my conservatory, removing the round plastic cover (not sure what its called) before painting, possibly to replace afterwards. Can someone please come back to me on some/all of the following:
- I assume the plastic cover is for aesthetics purposes only so ok to remove?
- What is the plastic cover called!?
- What is good for sticking down another plastic cover?
- Any tips/pitfulls in painting the brickwork?

Big thanks in advance.

Adam

Sponsored Links
looks like 19mm upvc quadrant, should cut off with a stanley and fit new ones with silicione on adhesive. they are around £1.50 - £3.00 for a 5metre length. If you paint the brickwork theres no going back

Sponsored Links
I agree with s60tsy that it's upvc quadrant bead which is more often than not just stuck in place with silicone.

Also agree with the painting the brickwork comment. Lots of people paint internal brickwork with standard emulsion without problems but I would prefer to use masonry paint. However, this will limit your colour choice if purchasing off the shelf, rather than having a colour mixed. Some bricks don't even accept paint very well and will flake/peel, especially if the wall gets cold or damp, so, as mentioned, '...there's no going back'. If you do decide to paint, it's worth watering down the first coat of paint by about 10% if the bricks are absorbent.

U need Neutral Curing Silicone to fix the plastic :idea: the stuff that smells of vinegar will not work - I re siliconed the whole front of a bungalow once because the roofline " fitters" had used the wrong stuff and it was hanging like streamers and blowing in the wind :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back