Conservatory roof leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
50EE3BA6-9730-4FA8-A2D7-4F8543A4ABF6.jpeg
44785164-04AE-426A-B030-9A119E790CC8.jpeg
Hi

Typical-great timing when everything on hold. First rain for weeks and wife noticed water coming in. It was dripping a fair bit and leak is where we had problems before. (Only area where roof has leaked. Conservatory is just within 10 year contract, so should be able to get someone out. (Are upvc firms still working??) I’ll ring firm tomorrow, but don’t know if they’re still doing maintenance?

Photo attached. The roof is glass and the leak is parallel with the underside of the white cross section in the photo. I can see there’s some moss there, so probably contributing?

Your views appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
That looks like a jointing piece too me and yes its probably due to the moss build up.

Sponsored Links
I wonder if recent hot weather expansion could have opened various glazing sealings?
Just saying, i dont know much about glazing.

The moss won't be helping- it slows the water down which allows water to pool uphill of it and then seep through the seals. If you clear the moss (which used to be an annual maintenance chore with my mothers' conservatory for exactly the same reason) the leak will go away. You may find (if it hasn't been cleaned for a while) that moss or other surface crud has migrated underneath the seals- its a real pain getting it out without damaging the soft seal lips.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back