Conservatory into a room with flat roof ...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all

Currently have a utility room with flat felt roof and a conservatory attached next to it with a glass roof (that leaks ..typical)

I want to make the conservatory into a room and fit a full flat roof with a sky latern. between the conservatory and utility is a full brick wall so will help support new roof.

I was wondering on the cost as the conservatory into a room .. I understand if footings are not in deep I would need to rip them out and start fresh.

I was looking spending about 5k, is that well off?

I have a full double garage for 15k last month so was going on third of that size wise etc?

Thanks all :)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    34.5 KB · Views: 114
Sponsored Links
Is that for the foundations or the skylight?
:LOL: you maybe right

Well I had 1k for latern, about 1.5k/2 for flat roof then its some windows and brickwork and footings etc.

Ill try get the same lad who did my garage back 15k all in for 6x6m free standing garage and pitch roof. That's why I was hoping to get this at 3rd of the cost roughly as its a lot smaller.

Sponsored Links
It all depends on where you are, what you will actually doing and what specification you are building to.

If this is a knock-down and rebuild to the standard of a room - ie an extension with building regs approval and plastered and fitted out as one, then it could be £1.5k-£2k per m2 all in. It wont be a case of pro-rata'ing a garage build cost, unless you plan on sitting in a garage watching TV.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back