Conservatory roof sheet joint bars

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure about this one. I want to replace the joint bars and have inquired about hammer down capping bars but have been advised I need hip bars for the angled sheets which I can't find.

All the old joint bars are the same so I figured the like of these bars would do for all round.

The sheets are 16mm and the roof has x2 45° corners.

I welcome opinions. thanks

full

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Every bar you can see on the roof runs on a wood beam.

Do you reckon the ones I linked will fit all the joints?

Sponsored Links
Yes probably, my only concern is the hips.

Just so I'm clear about what is referred to as the hips, are they the joints I've pointed to in the photo?

If that's the case, I haven't found any joint bars for sheets at an angle to one another.

If your old sheets had all the same joining bars then I would think that's a good indication that they will work.

If your old sheets had all the same joining bars then I would think that's a good indication that they will work.

My thinking too.

Its when I asked about the bars I've seen on ebay, the seller advised that I'd need hip bars based on the photo I sent them. Its unclear to me exactly what a hip bar is.

My thinking too.

Its when I asked about the bars I've seen on ebay, the seller advised that I'd need hip bars based on the photo I sent them. Its unclear to me exactly what a hip bar is.

On hips the sheets are at an angle to each other - and hip bars tend to be wider with bigger rubber to allow for the angle.

A hip describes the timber beam.

Your hip is fairly flat so you nay well get away with std rafter bars

Time to get the job underway I think. I'll use standard bars.

Thanks All!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back