Conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was clearing my gutters and found many of the end caps were simply hanging there doing nothing. The screws don't seem to be gripping the metal rods (not sure name). I also found many of the panels had slid down.

Can anyone suggest what I should do? Ive tried tightening the screws but they are simply not gripping anything. In fact many can just be pulled out. I am not even sure the previous owner used the right screws?

Any suggestions please?
View media item 49981 View media item 49982

Sponsored Links
Hi, this is quite a common thing. A lot of people knock these off when cleaning their conservatories.

Mine just clip in place so it's not a problem for me.

If i were you i think i'd try bigger screws. Either bigger screws or i'd get a rawplug into the hole that the i was screwing into.
The metal rods are called glazing bars :)

great idea! I will try that and if it does not work I've found some universal end caps which should solve the slipping.

I need to get access to soil pipe (runs through conservatory). Am I right in thinking I could slide one polycarb sheet down so I can access it?

Sponsored Links
yes you should be able to remove a roofing sheet to get access to your soil pipe. Some roof sheets are stuck down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back