Conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a full width extension that is 2.4M by 7 M. It's a lean to style.

The problem is that it's single glazed and falling apart and water is getting in from the roof.

What I've Done
used flashing tape to tape the joints and cracks but water still comes through.
I've put a sheet of smooth waterproof plastic sheet and taped it down with waterproof tape. It's still stuck in place and hasn't moved but water will still come through, and lots of heavy condensation droplets all over the floor. :oops:

Is there any suggestions for a solution?

If not I want to replace the whole wooden and single glass structure but I have been told that theres a problem as it's only single bricked and it will be too cold and the upvc stucture cannot go onto a sigle layer of brick. Is this true.

Sorry about all the questions but I don't know what to do?

Sponsored Links
if u want a decent job that'll last + add value to ur property..................
rip it down + start again.

either put up a full u-pvc lean2 conservatory OR put a half height 300mm cavity wall & u-pvc conservatory the rest (this option will last u longer)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back