conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if the plastic ridge capping on a conservatory roof is supposed to have a seal running along the length of it to seal it to the polycarb sheets. I bought a length inc the two end spoons and it doesnt have a seal with it but looks like it should have as it has a groove running along the length of it.
Thanks Tom

Sponsored Links
Most ridge cappings dont actually touch or seal down to the polycarbonate, they are there to seal the ridge itself, the polycarb should fit into a channel in the side(s) of the ridge, these should have the rubber seals. do you know what roofing system it is?

The ridge capping was being fitted to a timber ridge so i had to modify the ridge capping to suit it. I ended up tape flashing the poly to the timber ridge and then fitting the capping over it and using bolts through the timber ridge to secure the capping.
Thanks anyway, Tom

66tmjnm.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back