Conservatory Roof Seals

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old alu conservatory. Someone told me that the roof seals around the double glazing panels were not meant to be used on the roof as they cannot support the weight of the glass hence why they have started leaking.

Does anyone know the name of the seals I should be using or why I can buy them?

Any other advise would also be much appreciated

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Have the panels slipped down the roof ?
Is their consendation between the panes ?

I don't want to put down the person who gave you the advice but it sounds like you need to contact someone with more experience of this.

Hi, some of the panels do have condensation between them so I guess I shall have to replace these completely. Yes, two of the bigger panels have slipped down - probably about half an inch

I have always fitted a small bracket with a rubber end to support the glass units as these often slip down. you will need to find out if the units are glazed from the top with a compression bead or wedged rom underneath to move them.
Units with condensation will need replacing with toughened glass.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back