Roof on a conservatory

Sponsored Links
I was til a few months ago, drank in the woodies on preston road, large hotel place.

Preston NEW road :)

(Woodlands) Know it well... what job were you on ? Must have been a good one to travel all that way every day :)

Sponsored Links
The section that is glass is 20 ft x 8 ft. It combines with a veranda so didn't need all glass. Glass is toughened outside and laminated inside. It's great to lay on the day bed and look at the stars on a summer evening or watch the rain (soundlessly). It's all built out of timber and glass.

Thats it Preston New Rd, used to share a drink or two with Howard Walker (Ooo get me name dropping!) and local rogue Mick Rusyn, fell asleep in the bar (snug) one night and got locked in!

Was up that way to project manage a 19,000 sq. ft warehouse development in Oswaltwistle, which didnt materialise, had a house off Sherbrow, loved it up there, bloodly nice people you lot.

I'll post a piccy tomorrow unless I can find summat on the web.

Small world isnt it.

I got my FREE sample through today for the solar strips you put in the polycarbonate roofs. I have to say its a pretty neat and east idea.

I was a little shocked at the price they quoted for the supply of the stuff. one can only assume it comes on a roll like a roll of tape ? Must be a cheaper source of the stuff ? £780.00 on top of the roof price seems a little steep to me.

Hi Brickie,

Smart poly was the people who sent me the free sample.

Available in quite a wide range of colours, silver, gold, green, blue, and then you can specify if you want the outer colour different, as in silver or gold.

will have a look around and get best price i can.

I have been looking around for this box gutter you mentioned. I am definatly going to have brick pillars and catnics.

Couldnt find anything, can you try to explain a little better how to do it as the footings are dug, and the concrete goes down monday. I am hoping to have all the brick work done by Thursday so i wanted to make sure i was topping off in the way you mentioned.

Cheers mate.

PS,

Nothing to do with the cons but when youcome to roof line on a build, do you close the cavities or not bother ?

We used to seal the cavity with a course of bricks laid on top of the soffit but that was back in the days of no insulation.

These days the insulation should wrap up from the wall cavity into the roof space to from a continuous barrier.

I'll post a drawing of the way I did my Orangery type thing.

Meanwhile have a look at a parapet walled orangery

24.jpg

rutt_a.jpg

Bloody hell Brickie,

I live in blackburn not Buckinghamshire :eek: If i built a conservatory like those i would be burgled every weekend :)

I now know what you mean, i was simply thinking of laying the roof on the walls and somehow creating a very small sofit and fascia ?
Is that possible ? I can visualize the problem internally finishing the internal leaf upto the polycarbonate roof.

Maybe i should just build a conventional cons ?

:LOL:

I wont bother with the drawing then ;)

The other way you could go is by putting a flat roof on but cutting a great big hole in the middle and fitting a lantern roof, nice but costly again, probably right in saying 'just do a conventional conservatory'

Give us a shout when you need the frames and roof, could do a deal for you. (Yes I supply conservatories, Plastmo internally glazed frames and Eurocell roofs. :rolleyes: )

http://www.plastmo-style.co.uk/

http://www.eurocell.co.uk/pinnacle.htm

:D

hehe

would it be worth delivering up here ?

is that your site ? If it is i will send you plans and you can quote me if you want mate :)

Yes and No respectively. Dont have a site, never got the time to keep an eye on them cos I'm at work or helping DIYers out :LOL:

I know I shouldnt give this out but if I said send me your sizes via email, its my user name here at hotmail based in the uk, if you get me....... ;)

Moderator 3
You can put your email address in your profile which is here ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back