Considering new soil connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to build an outside toilet, and it seems I have two choices about how to route the waste.

The rectangle is an old IC that looks like this:

The circle is a new IC that I put in about 5 years ago, approx 4m downstream. Connection at either point will give me an OK drop.

I'm not really sure whether I should dig a longer (deeper) trench to the plastic IC which I know has an available connection, or put in a new IC further upstream to keep the new run shorter.

I'm not really bothered about the cost of a new IC or how much labour involved, just want the least risky/most reliable solution.

Note this is a public sewer, serving next door, and yes I'm aware of the BC requirements surrounding any mods.

Thanks for any advice!

Sponsored Links
Pity those capped off laterals in the brick chamber are on the wrong side, might have been able to reopen those and save some digging. +1 for Ian's advice, miles easier tapping into an existing plastic chamber than trying to graft another chamber into a live run.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back