Console Steering wheel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I bought a used steering wheel for the little boy for Xmas. Got it from CEX. But there's no way of clamping or sticking it to the table. I don't know about this sort of thing but I would have thought something should have come with it but what can I get to hold it down or should I complain? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Usually they have a couple of suckers underneath, what's the make and model? I would have thought you could just take it back to CEX for a refund anyway, they're generally OK.

5. Unwanted product policy :

In our unique 48-hours returns policy, the Customer is entitled to return an Unwanted item within 48-hours of sale for a full refund to a CeX voucher. Refund will be subject to testing and if the item is returned in the same condition as sold. In order to prevent abuse, CeX reserves the right to limit the number of exchanges from a specific customer.

Usually they have a couple of suckers underneath, what's the make and model? I would have thought you could just take it back to CEX for a refund anyway, they're generally OK.

5. Unwanted product policy :

In our unique 48-hours returns policy, the Customer is entitled to return an Unwanted item within 48-hours of sale for a full refund to a CeX voucher. Refund will be subject to testing and if the item is returned in the same condition as sold. In order to prevent abuse, CeX reserves the right to limit the number of exchanges from a specific customer.
Logitech. I'll attach I picture. The bottom of it isn't flat. I'm wondering if you're meant to hold it between your legs, which would work but it would make it hard to use the pedals at the same time.

Attachments

• IMG_20231212_133502441.jpg
    IMG_20231212_133502441.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 41
This image ( not sure if same,) shows it slotted into a table. But does not show clamps. Do you have slots on it?

And I think you will find a link to the manual here so you can check you have entire product

Sponsored Links
@SFK It's not that one. It's the Logitech Driving Force Feedback E-UC2 made exclusively for the PS2 I think, which really should be in a museum (must be about 20 years old), or does your lad have a PS2? :eek:

Anyway, that aside I think there should be two clamps that fit into the two slots in the bottom which allow it to be clamped to the edge of a table and then they are tightened with those two knobs on the top (just beneath the wheel), assuming you don't have them, I'm guessing that yours was sold missing the clamps, the chumps in CEX probably have no idea it should have the clamps so I would take it back. Fixing a steering wheel down is essential, it won't work if it's not fixed down, well it would work but it'd just be absolutely awfully frustrating to use.

clamp.jpg

@SFK It's not that one. It's the Logitech Driving Force Feedback E-UC2 made exclusively for the PS2 I think, which really should be in a museum (must be about 20 years old), or does your lad have a PS2? :eek:

Anyway, that aside I think there should be two clamps that fit into the two slots in the bottom which allow it to be clamped to the edge of a table and then they are tightened with those two knobs on the top (just beneath the wheel), assuming you don't have them, I'm guessing that yours was sold missing the clamps, the chumps in CEX probably have no idea it should have the clamps so I would take it back. Fixing a steering wheel down is essential, it won't work if it's not fixed down, well it would work but it'd just be absolutely awfully frustrating to use.

View attachment 325098
Yes he's got a ps2
I picked it up for pennies a few years ago and he still loves it. I've downloaded the cex app so I'll send them a message. Maybe they stated there's no clamp and I missed it.

He wants a ps4 now as his classmates all have them. Any advice on that would be good? Cex do 500gb ones from £130 and pro ones from about £180. Cheers.

This image ( not sure if same,) shows it slotted into a table. But does not show clamps. Do you have slots on it?

And I think you will find a link to the manual here so you can check you have entire product

As Freddie's twin suggested it's an older one. Only about £15. I got an unbranded one at the same time for a tenner as they were so cheap and incase the other one didn't work on Xmas day. And that one didn't have any clamps either so I thought maybe they don't need them. Cheers

I bought a Pro from CEX a little over two years back, think I must have paid a similar amount, I got a Pro because it seemed like a no-brainer with the maximum capacity and to get the best out of the games, I went for an unboxed one, I chose CEX because it's about the only way to get a warranty (I hate GAME with a vengeance) and you don't really know what you're gonna get from Marketplace or ebay and my googling suggested CEX are OK with warranty's.

Mine was fine for about 1yr 10months when it decided to go wrong but they did honour their two year warranty and gave me another without quibbling so my thoughts on their warranty was proved right. Obviously the warranty expires from the date of the first one so mines out of warranty now. What I would say is you need to back up your game saves to a memory stick. I didn't and lost them when it died, not that I was that bothered, I don't play that much these days.

Despite them saying they're refurbished I'm not convinced they do anything with them other than check they work and clean the outside (whereas really they should be taking them apart, cleaning the fan and few other bits internally), I also received a non genuine HDMI cable which didn't work very well so had to buy a suitable one off Amazon for about £10 but the controller was genuine and works fine with no drift etc.

Last edited:
I bought a Pro from CEX a little over two years back, think I must have paid a similar amount, I got a Pro because it seemed like a no-brainer with the maximum capacity and to get the best out of the games, I went for an unboxed one, I chose CEX because it's about the only way to get a warranty (I hate GAME with a vengeance) and you don't really know what you're gonna get from Marketplace or ebay and my googling suggested CEX are OK with warranty's.

Mine was fine for about 1yr 10months when it decided to go wrong but they did honour their two year warranty and gave me another without quibbling so my thoughts on their warranty was proved right. Obviously the warranty expires from the date of the first one so mines out of warranty now. What I would say is you need to back up your game saves to a memory stick. I didn't and lost them when it died, not that I was that bothered, I don't play that much these days.

Despite them saying they're refurbished I'm not convinced they do anything with them other than check they work and clean the outside (whereas really they should be taking apart, cleaning the fan and few other bits internally), I also received a non genuine HDMI cable which didn't work very well so had to buy a suitable one off Amazon for about £10 but the controller was genuine and works fine with no drift etc.
Yes I had thought it worth while getting the pro also. The only thing with the pro I chose is it's says no DLC (downloadable content). And it's the only console I saw that mentions this. They all say no game but the other ones don't mention DLC. I assume that won't be a problem?

Also I tried the steering wheel with a cushion on my lap and it was really comfortable. Plus cex have less choice in stock now so I'll probably hang on to it. I might send a message from the app asking where the rest is it is though.

Well I guess that's down to you but knowing kids they won't find that very comfortable/acceptable (though I do have feral kids), I'd just get a refund and buy another that included all the bits elsewhere so it can be clamped top a table myself. Though if you're buying a PS4 anyway then why bother?

DLC is games content that you would ordinarily pay extra for (eg extra levels/missions etc) - on top of paying for the game itself so not sure why it says that, no games console includes any DLC.

Well I guess that's down to you but knowing kids they won't find that very comfortable/acceptable (though I do have feral kids), I'd just get a refund and buy another that included all the bits elsewhere so it can be clamped top a table myself. Though if you're buying a PS4 anyway then why bother?

DLC is games content that you would ordinarily pay extra for (eg extra levels/missions etc) - on top of paying for the game itself so not sure why it says that, no games console includes any DLC.
Sorry I didn't know there was a message.
I've been waiting to do an update but it's still dragging on so I'll do a bit now in case anyone's interested in seeing what CEX are like with after care.
They have sent a clamp for the steering wheel but it's the wrong one. I'll tell them soon but there's a snag with the PS4 pro I bought from them. The circle symbol on the bottom was missing. I did some research and it's covering a hole to allow you to open the disk tray when that gets stuck. Cex say unboxed means you have to take a bit of damage. I've found online that if you try and trade in a PS4 that's missing this circle it's a problem. So I'm going to keep arguing with them. Cheers

I'm guessing you bought online then, yes I can see that might be a pain, TBH I've only ever dealt with them in store, then you can inspect whatever it is you're buying and simply reject before handing over any cash if you're not happy. I can imagine dealing with them online might be painful. Good luck.

Sponsored Links
Back