honda civic steering wheel reposition

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening everybody,
I have a slight problem with my civic steering wheel position,.....when driving straight, the wheel spokes should be horizontal, but they are as if I was turning right slightly, if you get my drift.
The car does not pull to either side, and there is no uneven tyre wear.
I think it needs slight adjustment at either the lower column spline connection, or, do I remove the steering wheel and reposition, turning anti-clockwise slightly ? (54 reg)

Any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Has it always been like this or has it happened since some work has been done on it? Unless the steering mechanism has been disturbed the most likely cause is that the tracking has been adjusted only using the track rod on one side.

Turn the steering from lock to lock and see if it moves the same distance each way from the straight ahead position, if it does get the track rods adjusted to centre the steering wheel, if not the wheel position is wrong.

Peter

To Peter N
thanks for your reply Peter, went into honda/ warrington this morning and they said more or less the same as you.
there is no way I would leave it with them at £70+vat.
I will do a few checks over the weekend as you suggested, and get back to you monday/tuesday.

thanks.

Sponsored Links
Back