constant buzzing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi Solo 2 50 PF - installed 1999
When the heating turns itself off there is a buzzing sound (sounds like the noise it used to make for a fraction of a second when coming on or going off) from the electrical part under the boiler. It started about 2 weeks ago and lasted only a few minutes getting longer each time the last 2 nights it hasn't stopped until the heating comes back on (if I turn the electricity supply off it stops but comes back on again when I reconnect)

Sponsored Links
Check the switch live voltage, if buzzing occurs when switch live voltage is not at full potential, then you may need to check you motorised valve.

There are a couple of relays on the board that can buzz if they're on the way out, my own boiler is doing it occasionally but I turn the power off briefly to stop it. I know I should replace the board but you know what it's like, you can never find anyone to do it. :rolleyes:
It's like they say, never buy a car off a mechanic!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back