constant dripping overflow from ideal c80ff boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone,i'm new to this forum,but there seems to be alot of knowledge flying around-so i wonder if anyone can help me? :LOL: I have an ideal c80ff combi boiler and its constanyly dripping water from the copper overflow pipe situated outside the house,does anyone have any ideas where to start? i've turned the water off,but its still dripping !!? please help !!

Sponsored Links
Turning the water off won't affect this. It's coming from the pressure release valve for the water that circulates through your rads.

The boiler might have been over pressurised from the filling loop (also make sure it's not left turned on) or the prv may be faulty or have dirt in it.

What is the pressure on the guage when the heating is cold and hot?

You can turn your water back on.

:LOL: thanks for your reply, there is no pressure on the gauge-the only way i can get pressure in system is to turn the filling loop on to get pressure,then turn it off and fire it up-does that complicate matters???

Sponsored Links
thanks whitespirit66, we've been told that it could also be something to do with the tank in the boiler-testing it with a pressure reading gauge and pumping up with a bycycle pump ???? does that ring a bell-or does it sound unlikely? sorry-i have absolubtly no idea about these sorts of things !!

Agree PRV letting by and needs changing. You admit yourself you don't know what your doing, so don't touch inside the boiler, you could be causing more problems. Leave to trained engineer.

just a quick question when there is pressure in the system-i can turn the pressure relief valve anti clockwise,the gauge drops,and water fires out of the copper pipe outside the house-does this mean the valve is working ?

yes you're right-i won't tackle this myself-i just wanted to pick brains and try to get an idea of how bad it is !! thanks again to all who replied :)

Good man. Yep the PRV can do that, but by opening it yourself, it can introduce a bit of muck so water continues to discharge, hence the reason you are unable to pressurize system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back