Constant noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a constant humming whirling noise in my house these past few weeks. It's a detached house. Obviously more evident at night when it's quieter but is present 24/7. It's all over house but louder at the front. Outside you cannot hear the noise.
I have turned off the electric mains and all individual circuits and it's still there.
open reach have been out as pole outside house but nothing detected.
checked water meter and reading no excess usage..no changes to water pressure..no changes to CH water pressure.
Been to several neighbours they don't hear anything.
Had several people in house one could hear it.
its affecting my sleep and I am at the end of my tether
What can it be?

Sponsored Links
It's not tinnitus....as don't have the sound when outside or anywhere else

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
make a note of the direction of the wind and strength, when its louder / quieter. you could be hearing road noise from a distance.

Sponsored Links
It's not tinnitus....as don't have the sound when outside or anywhere else
You could try a sound meter app on your phone. That should help you confirm that it is actually there and locate it by seeing where it's loudest.

If it were tinnitus then it could be hidden by outside background noise. Mine is most noticeable indoors.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Its amazing the noise a dripping tap can cause/create through the system. Where I used to live there was a low droning sound throughout the early hours, turned out they were testing jet engines in bunkers underground, but the sound was drowned out during the day by other background noise

Its amazing the noise a dripping tap can cause/create through the system. Where I used to live there was a low droning sound throughout the early hours, turned out they were testing jet engines in bunkers underground, but the sound was drowned out during the day by other background noise

You think that's good. I used to turn the tap on a dribble while we made love.

Have you made any anti Russian , North Korean or Chinese posts ?

Some embassy in one of these counties had some similar caper ? Reckoned they were being targeted by some type of micro wave caper ???

Apparently some barber in London had a
Visit by a couple of dodgy characters said to be North Koreans advising him to take down a poster of Kim il watsit

The poster referred to

come in and get yer hair sorted or you might end up looking like this fruit cake ??

Sponsored Links
Back