Construct a Pitched Roof on a Semi Detached Garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Sorry if i'm repeating someone's question but i couldn't seem to find an answer.

5 years ago i helped my parents out and had planning permission drawn up to change my parents car port into a garage with a entrance porch and utility room in and it was granted and i constructed it. Since it was constructed my parents have got older and due to illness my farther sleeps on the ground floor but the problem is they need the utility room changing in to a wet room for my farther but the roof isn't really tall enough for a walk in shower.

Now we are thinking of raising the roof by 2 breeze blocks and having a pitched roof for storage space, but the problem is its a semi detached garage. The planning permission isn't a problem as my brother draws up planning permission for a living. the problem i have is i will be constructing it my self and i have built a pitched roof garages before but what i haven't done is a pitched roof on a semi detached garage. How would i go about raising the roof of my parents garage without raising my neighbors

Sponsored Links
got any pics???. hard to advise without any pics.

might be possible to build a gable wall off the party wall but you would need permission from your neighbours.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back