Garage extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I’d like to extend my garage up to the red line in the images below (including adding a pitched roof to the garage, similar to the neighbour in the picture). Would this be possible with planning permission or is there some rule around garage entrances and road distance which would cause an issue?

Attachments

• IMG_3052.jpeg
    IMG_3052.jpeg
    241 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3053.jpeg
    IMG_3053.jpeg
    211.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3054.png
    IMG_3054.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
Sponsored Links
It appears that the house a few doors up has extended to the pavement so you could ask them what they had to do or alternatively ask the Council.

The picture looks that way but all other houses on the road haven’t extended up the pavement. Can I ask the council for advice on this or will they just say to apply for planning permission and go through that channel?

Sponsored Links
That would need planning permission, and the highways dept would be consulted and would almost certainly apply the rules on visibility splays.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back