Consumer unit, is this normal?

Sponsored Links
It often happens due to tightening the screw clockwise to fit them, sometimes its better to start fitting them from the right then you can lean it left and tighten to compensate, its not dangerous just looks a bit rough

Thank you for confirming this. My OCD is killing me! Anything I can do to fix it myself? Or shall I ask the electrician to come back?

Thank you for confirming this. My OCD is killing me! Anything I can do to fix it myself? Or shall I ask the electrician to come back?
As has been implied, electrically speaking it doesn't really need 'fixing'. It's perfectly safe, but if the appearance troubles you, you'd have to get an electrician to try to fix it.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Shall I worry and ask the electrician that did the work to come back and fix it?
Yes, because the front cover isn't fitted correctly - there is a gap above the devices, and the main switch and some others have their lower section behind the metal cover.

The top of the main switch isnt hung on the DIN rail properly. You need to get your electrician to sort that out.

The electrician came around and adjusted all the switchers with a screw driver. Now they’re all lined up, but probably if I remove the cover they’ll move back into the previous position. Shall I call another one and have them remove all units and re attach them, or this fix is ok? The lowered switch is to power a whirlpool bath tub which is not installed yet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 103
Are those two new circuits RCBO on RCD feeds ?
- I can't be sure (a front on photo would have helped a bit), without opening up only switching off those RCDs will prove if power goes off those new circuits. That alone is enough for any OCD!

This is a pic form the front. The test buttons are indeed there. Sorry for the quality but it’s in a awkward position to get to.

Attachments

• 9A4D21E1-068F-44E1-9A6C-7E48A2619354.jpeg
    9A4D21E1-068F-44E1-9A6C-7E48A2619354.jpeg
    136.1 KB · Views: 91
Ah yes, just the on/off flags (last picture shows better) - thrown (sorry) by the newer style mix.
Indeed. As the photo illustrates, the 'old-style' ones had essentially identical "on/off flags", but in a different place.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back