Consumer unit

Just get a schneider panelboard with a 32A MCCB for the mains end. Don't forget tails, henleys, bushes, lugs, BW gland pack etc.

And thats just at the house end. There's more at the far end, depending on how the source is connected to the SWA. I too would not want the house to trip if there were a fault in the outbuilding.

Sponsored Links
Would it be ok to use this spare 32amp for the garage supply
770ba1e75c36f3a9cd72efe50a9f9ef4.jpg

0bccfa89ef07e241fbb9a7b005b25749.jpg

Yes :D

What is it trades people, you ask them for a quote to do some work and arrange a time, wait in all day and they never turn up!, how annoying is that, can not even be bother to phone u up, had the same problem trying to get a roofer, what's up with people now a days

Sponsored Links
Yes ???? Explain cos everyone else says no?

Knowall has chosen the wrong forum name, because he knows nothing., Also he does not read and understand the thread. If he looks back he will maybe realise that the question about the 32A MCB related to you attaching a single length of 2.5mm cable to it.

The answer you had was no. And the answer is still no.

Knowall really needs a visit to Specsavers.

What is it trades people, you ask them for a quote to do some work and arrange a time, wait in all day and they never turn up!, how annoying is that, can not even be bother to phone u up, had the same problem trying to get a roofer, what's up with people now a days
Tradesmen have very good waster-pita-client radar. That you have these problems does not surprise me in the slightest.

so what would be the best design
One done by somebody who actually knows how to do design.

could you give me a list of all the require parts so I could order source the parts then get a electrician to fit them ;)
You can't find an electrician who will tell you what to steal from your employer?

Wow, who'd have thought it. Know-f-all posts wrong information on yet another post! :rolleyes:

Yes ???? Explain cos everyone else says no?

K
Knowall really needs a visit to Specsavers.

Just returned from Specsavers :mrgreen:

You can connect your shed to the spare 32a mcb, if the circuit is designed as follows - SWA = 6mm your house installation is designed to the 16th edition of the regulations, i.e. no rdc protection on your lighting circuits. So, if the shed develops a earth fault your lighting in the house will remain on, so no hazard. You can isolate the shed at the 32a mcb if you suspect the fault is in the shed wiring.

At some point you would be advised to replace your consumer unit to compy with the 17th edition and install dedicated rcd protection for your shed.

The important thing is that your SWA is 6mm if you use the 32a mcb. If you have all that kit in the shed i would advise 6mm to handle the load and reduce the risk of volts drop at the shed.

Regards,

KA

Still missed the bit where the OP wants to use a welder on that B type breaker then?

How are you going to terminate an SWA into that CU?

Adding an RCD at the supply end is exactly the wrong thing to do.

Sorry, my response( as i have already stated) is to the original post- can i use the spare 32a mcb………

To answer your question re type b mcb i don't recall we have the spec for the welder ? Do you ? or are you making assumptions?

Kind regards,

KA : :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back